305-595-3350 mail@gmpcomplaw.com

An Avvo.com Q&A user asked:

Mr. Mermell replied to this Avvo user who seemed to have lost contact with his attorney. He needed guidance as to what to do next regarding his ongoing health situation. Here are Avvo user’s question and Mr. Mermell’s response:

Our response

Yes you should contact your attorney. Once a doctor is authorized, he should remain authorized until the parties agree otherwise or you get an order from the court saying otherwise. You should have your lawyer contact the insurance adjuster and insist upon him/her to contact your doctor in writing advising that your doctor does not need to obtain authorization for each visit which is holding up your care. This is flat out wrong. Good luck with your case.

You may read more responses to this question from other competent Personal Injury attorneys registered at Avvo.com


Clifford R. Mermell, Esq.
Clifford R. Mermell, Esq., created the law firm of Gillis, Mermell & Pacheco, P.A. on March 1, 1996. Mr. Mermell has been the senior and managing partner of the firm since its creation. The firm was created to champion the rights of injured workers nationwide. It represents cases under the Worker's Compensation, Wrongful Termination, Personal Injury, Admiralty and Maritime, Defense Base Act, and Longshore & Harbor Worker's Compensation Act Laws.

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Pin It on Pinterest