You are covered under the Defense Base Act if you fit into one of the following five categories:
1. Employees of private employers on any military, air, or naval base;
2. Employees of any employer upon any lands occupied or used by the United States for military or naval purposes in any Territory or possession outside the continental Untied States;
3. Employees who work on public works contracts overseas, if such employee is engaged in employment at such place under the contract of a contractor or subcontractor with the United States;
4. Employees who work on contracts approved and funded by the U.S. under the Foreign Assistance Act where such contract is to be performed outside of the U.S., which may include cash sale of military equipment, materials, and services to allies of the U.S.;
5. Employees working for an American employer outside the U.S. providing welfare or similar services for the benefit of the Armed Forces, irrespective of the place where the injury or death occurs, and shall include any injury or death occurring to any such employee during transportation to or from his place of employment, where the employer or the U.S. provides the transportation or the cost thereof.
We invite you to contact us today if you have a question about your case. Our Experienced Defense Base Act attorneys will inform you of your rights, and fight to make sure you receive the full benefits you deserve.