What should I do if I am not receiving Defense Base Act benefits and believe that I should be? 

If you are not receiving your benefits, you MUST file a claim with the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs (OWCP), Division of Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation, within one year of your injury, or within one year of your last receipt of compensation benefits.

There are eleven district offices throughout the U.S., and you should file your claim in the office responsible for the geographic area where the injury or death occurred.

If you fail to timely file your claim, you may be forever barred from receiving these valuable benefits.

We invite you to contact us to discuss your particular situation.  Our Experienced Defense Base Act attorneys will inform you of your rights, and fight to make sure you receive the full benefits you deserve.

Scroll to Top