305-595-3350 mail@gmpcomplaw.com

An Avvo.com Q&A user asked:

Would it be best to seek an attorney for possible workplace hazards before seeking help form OSHA and Inf control/ Occ Health. For the past three months everyone in our office has been sick. We have construction nearby and we have had raw sewage smells going through air vents, mold spores ( or some spores) growing in water empty water cups and several people having to use prescribed recue inhalers. We have two pregnant ladies. We have complained and asked for air quality testing but no results. I’m in fear they will just move us and never reveal what we were being exposed to, or worse, fire us for some other reason before we can protect ourselves.

Our response

You should definitely contact OSHA and report the problem. If you develop illness due to this exposure, you would have a worker’s compensation case.
You may read more responses to this question from other competent Personal Injury attorneys registered at Avvo.com

Clifford R. Mermell, Esq.
Clifford R. Mermell, Esq., created the law firm of Gillis, Mermell & Pacheco, P.A. on March 1, 1996. Mr. Mermell has been the senior and managing partner of the firm since its creation. The firm was created to champion the rights of injured workers nationwide. It represents cases under the Worker's Compensation, Wrongful Termination, Personal Injury, Admiralty and Maritime, Defense Base Act, and Longshore & Harbor Worker's Compensation Act Laws.

We use cookies to give you the best online experience. By agreeing you accept the use of cookies in accordance with our cookie policy.

Pin It on Pinterest